LG&E and KU Provide Winter Safety Tips
Utilities Encourage Customers to Plan and Prepare for Inclement Weather
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — As evening temperatures remain in the low 20s across the Commonwealth, Louisville Gas and Electric Company and Kentucky Utilities Company encourage customers to follow a few simple steps to plan and prepare for inclement weather, particularly during times of extreme cold temperatures:
- Build an emergency kit that includes a battery-powered radio, flashlights for everyone in the family, fresh batteries for any devices, first-aid kit, and over-the-counter and prescription medications. A complete list of essential emergency kit supplies can be found at www.ready.gov.
- Always operate a portable generator safely and outdoors to allow for proper venting. Consult with a qualified, licensed electrician and/or review the manufacturer's instructions before you install the generator.
- Snow and ice accumulation on tree branches can sometimes cause them to break and fall into power lines. Stay away and consider all fallen wires as dangerous.
- LG&E customers should call 502-589-1444 to report a downed wire or power outage; KU customers should call 1-800-981-0600. LG&E and KU customers can also report an outage online at my.lge-ku.com after registering their account.
- Download LG&E and KU's outage map app for your smartphone or iPad to receive near real-time information about outages throughout our system, a summary of outages by zip code and county, and estimated restoration time.
When severe winter weather moves across Kentucky, LG&E and KU are prepared to reliably meet customers' energy demands, and safely and quickly respond to severe winter weather impacts.
Visit lge-ku.com/storm for more information about storm safety, a step-by-step guide to power restoration and to download the LG&E and KU outage map app.
Louisville Gas and Electric Company and Kentucky Utilities Company, part of the PPL Corporation (NYSE: PPL) family of companies, are regulated utilities that serve a total of 1.2 million customers and have consistently ranked among the best companies for customer service in the United States. LG&E serves 321,000 natural gas and 397,000 electric customers in Louisville and 16 surrounding counties. Kentucky Utilities serves 546,000 customers in 77 Kentucky counties and five counties in Virginia. More information is available at www.lge-ku.com and www.pplweb.com.