- Help manage your utility bills
- Learn how to be more energy efficient
- Improve the safety and comfort of your home
WeCare (Weatherization, Conservation Advice and Recycling Energy), is designed to create savings through weatherization and energy education to help income-eligible customers in need. The WeCare Program helps provide a more efficient, safe and comfortable home. More importantly, it teaches our customers how to be more efficient – whether it’s through your own energy conservation efforts, or through the installation of energy-saving devices.
In many cases, homes may not be properly maintained or weatherized as well as they could be; therefore, it takes more energy to heat or cool the home. To pinpoint areas that could use improvement, many WeCare participants receive a walk-through inspection and energy education. Customers receive a furnace and water heater system inspection and some may also receive air sealing and attic insulation. Because it's often difficult to make the necessary repairs to save energy, we work with Community Action Agencies to identify customers who are heavy users of energy and help them find ways to reduce their energy consumption.
See how it works.
Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities residential electric customers and LG&E gas customers may participate in this program.
The eligibility requirements are:
- The customer must have lived in their home for one year with 12 months of continuous service.
- The customer's income must meet the guidelines of the federal government's Low Income Heating Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
- The customer's home must not have received WeCare services or an On-Site Home Energy Analysis in the last three years.
Sign Up through My Account.