If you’re renovating a commercial property to meet LEED certification standards, you may be eligible for cash rebates from $2,000 to $10,000. Rebates are based on points awarded under the LEED Energy & Atmosphere – Optimize Energy Performance, Advanced Energy Metering, and Demand Response categories and square footage of the building, per the chart below.
|Energy & Atmosphere - Optimize Energy Efficiency Performance, Advanced Energy Metering, and Demand Response categories||Less than 25,000 sq ft||Greater than or qual to 25,000 sq ft|
|1 to 5 points||$2,000||$4,000|
|6 to 10 points||$2,500||$6,000|
|11 to 15 points||$3,000||$8000|
Eligibility and required documentation
- Commercial rebates are available to all LG&E and KU electric commercial customers who contribute to Demand Side Management as part of their monthly bill.
- Commercial customers are eligible to apply for rebates within 24 months of the date the upgrades were installed. Supporting documentation must confirm upgrades were installed within 24 months of application date. LEED certification is now utilizing an updated version, LEED v4. Points can be earned in three categories:
- Optimize Energy Performance
- Advanced Energy Metering
- Demand Response
Note: The last day to register a project under LEED 2009 was Oct. 31, 2016. After that date, the revised LEED certification is LEED v4.
- Rebate will be based on points awarded under LEED Energy & Atmosphere, Optimize Energy Performance, Advanced Energy Metering, and Demand Response categories and square footage of building.
- LEED certification must have been received with 24 months prior to rebate application date.
- Copy of completed scorecard with LEED certification date detailing number of points earned in the LEED Energy & Atmosphere, Optimize Energy Performance, Advanced Energy Metering, and Demand Response categories Square footage must also be provided.
- Customer must use one of the following LEED Rating Systems for certification:
- New Construction
- Data Centers
- Warehouses and Distribution Centers
Be sure to have your account number and tax ID or social security number handy. Contractors, vendors and energy service companies may apply by phone.
LG&E and KU Energy LLC reserves the right to revise program requirements and incentive levels at any time. Incentives are subject to availability.