If you’re renovating a commercial property to meet LEED certification standards, you may be eligible for cash rebates from $2,000 to $10,000. Rebates are based on points awarded under LEED Energy & Atmosphere, Credit 1 – Optimize Energy Performance category and square footage of the building, per the chart below. See examples of LEED scorecards in the related documents below.
Energy & Atmosphere,
Credit1 category Optimize Energy Efficiency Performance
|Less than 25,000 sq ft||Greater than or qual to 25,000 sq ft|
|1 to 5 points||$2,000||$4,000|
|6 to 10 points||$2,500||$6,000|
|11 to 15 points||$3,000||$8000|
Eligibility and required documentation
- Rebate will be based on points awarded under the LEED Energy and Atmosphere, Credit 1 Optimize Energy Performance (EAc1) category and square footage of building.
- Customer must use one of the following LEED Rating Systems for certification:
- Commercial Interiors
- Core and Shell Development
- Retail: New Construction and Major Renovations
- Schools: New Construction and Major Renovations
- New Construction and Major Renovations
- Retail: Commercial Interiors
- LEED certification and construction must have been completed (ready for occupancy) on or after November 14, 2014.
- Required documentation includes a copy of the completed scorecard with LEED certification date detailing number of points earned in the LEED Energy & Atmosphere, Credit 1 Optimize Energy Performance (EAc1) category. Square footage of building must also be provided.
- Customer may qualify and receive rebates for the LEED Major Construction category in addition to other rebate categories for existing buildings simultaneously.
Be sure to have your account number and tax ID or social security number handy. Contractors, vendors and energy service companies may apply by phone.
LG&E and KU Energy LLC reserves the right to revise program requirements and incentive levels at any time. Incentives are subject to availability.