If you're building a new commercial facility that is LEED-certified, you may eligible for a rebate between $2,000 and $10,000. Rebates are based on points awarded under LEED Energy & Atmosphere, Credit 1 – Optimize Energy Performance category and square footage of the building, per the chart below. See an example of LEED scorecards in the related documents below.
|Energy & Atmosphere, Credit 1 category Optimize Energy Efficiency Performance||Less than 25,000 sq ft||Greater than or equal to 25,000 sq ft|
|1 to 5 points||$2,000||$4,000|
|6 to 10 points||$2,500||$6,000|
|11 to 15 points||$3,000||$8,000|
Eligibility and required documentation
- Commercial rebates are available to all LG&E and KU electric commercial customers who contribute to Demand Side Management as part of their monthly bill.
- Commercial customers are eligible to apply for rebates within 24 months of the date the upgrades were installed. Supporting documentation must confirm upgrades were installed within 24 months of application date.
- Rebate will be based on points awarded under LEED Energy & Atmosphere, Credit 1, Optimize Energy Performance Category and square footage of building.
- LEED certification must have been received with 24 months prior to rebate application date.
- Copy of completed scorecard with LEED certification date detailing number of points earned in the LEED Energy & Atmosphere, Credit 1 Optimize Energy Performance (EAc1). Square footage must also be provided.
- Customer must use one of the following LEED Rating Systems for certification:
- Commercial Interiors
- Core and Shell Development
- Retail: New Construction and Major Renovations
- Retail: Commercial Interiors
- Schools: New Construction and Major Renovations
Be sure to have your account number and tax ID or social security number handy. Contractors, vendors and energy service companies may apply by phone.
LG&E and KU Energy LLC reserves the right to revise program requirements and incentive levels at any time. Incentives are subject to availability.