If you're building a new commercial facility that is LEED-certified, you may eligible for a rebate between $2,000 and $10,000. Rebates are based on points awarded under LEED Energy & Atmosphere, Credit 1 – Optimize Energy Performance category and square footage of the building, per the chart below. See an example of LEED scorecards in the related documents below.
|Energy & Atmosphere, Credit 1 category Optimize Energy Efficiency Performance||Less than 25,000 sq ft||Greater than or equal to 25,000 sq ft|
|1 to 5 points||$2,000||$4,000|
|6 to 10 points||$2,500||$6,000|
|11 to 15 points||$3,000||$8,000|
Eligibility and required documentation
- LEED certification new construction must have been completed (building is ready for occupancy) on or after November 14, 2014. Additionally, the LG&E or KU account must have been established in the customer’s name on or after November 14, 2014.
- Rebate will be based on points awarded under the LEED Energy and Atmosphere, Credit 1 Optimize Energy Performance (EAc1) category and square footage of building.
- Customer must use one of the following LEED Rating Systems for certification:
- Commercial Interiors
- Core and Shell Development
- Retail: New Construction and Major Renovations
- Schools: New Construction and Major Renovations
- New Construction and Major Renovations
- Retail: Commercial Interiors
- If facility qualifies, customer may apply for and receive rebates for New Construction and LEED New Construction categories.
- Required documentation includes a copy of the completed scorecard with LEED certification date detailing number of points earned in the LEED Energy & Atmosphere, Credit 1 Optimize Energy Performance (EAc1) category. Square footage of building must also be provided.
Be sure to have your account number and tax ID or social security number handy. Contractors, vendors and energy service companies may apply by phone.
LG&E and KU Energy LLC reserves the right to revise program requirements and incentive levels at any time. Incentives are subject to availability.