See a complete list by item, updated as of December 1, 2016.
Improving your business’s lighting is an easy way to save energy and earn rebates from our program. Commercial customers can earn anywhere from $1 to $82 per lighting fixture, depending on the type of bulb and efficiency. Improving lighting in some facilities can even help improve workforce productivity.
Eligibility and required documentation
- Commercial rebates are available to all LG&E and KU electric commercial customers who contribute to Demand Side Management as part of their monthly bill.
- Commercial customers are eligible to apply for rebates within 24 months of the date the upgrades were installed. Supporting documentation must confirm upgrades were installed within 24 months of application date.
- LED lamps must be UL certified plus certification in one of the following: ENERGY STAR certified or listed on the Design Lights Consortium (DLC) qualified list. No longer accepting DLC v3. Can only accept DLC v4 or greater. All fixtures must be scheduled to operate a minimum of 1,800 hours annually to be eligible.
- All fixtures, ballasts, and lamps installed must replace existing equipment that is less efficient.
- All fluorescent fixtures must utilize electronic ballast and T8 lamps and T5 lamps.
- Ballasts must have a power factor greater than 90%.
- Rebates for pulse start metal halide fixtures are for a 320W pulse start metal halide lamp/ballast combinations.
- LED exit signs must use 8 watts or less, including the battery charger.
Be sure to have your account number and tax ID or social security number handy. Contractors, vendors and energy service companies may apply by phone.
LG&E and KU Energy LLC reserves the right to revise program requirements and incentive levels at any time. Incentives are subject to availability.