Building a new, efficient commercial property? If so, you could be eligible for cash rebates for your energy-efficiency investments. Rebates are awarded based on percentage of savings and square footage, per the chart below.
|Performance Tier||% Savings Over Code||Less Than 25,000 sqft||Greater Than or Equal to 25,000 sqft|
Eligibility and required documentation
- Commercial rebates are available to all LG&E and KU electric commercial customers who contribute to Demand Side Management as part of their monthly bill.
- Commercial customers are eligible to apply for rebates within 24 months of the date the upgrades were installed. Supporting documentation must confirm upgrades were installed within 24 months of application date.
- Rebates are awarded based on percentage of savings above state code. COMCheck certificates are required. If unobtainable, an energy model with state code as the baseline will also be accepted.
Be sure to have your account number and tax ID or social security number handy. Contractors, vendors and energy service companies may apply by phone.
Be sure to have the following information when you contact us about your new construction order:
- “911” address: We need the “911 address” as soon as it has been assigned if you applied with a lot number.
- Street, City and zip code of the property
- County where the property is located
- Will you need temporary service for construction in addition to permanent service?
- Will the electric service be overhead or underground?
- “Amperage”: Residential electric service is typically 200 amp, but it could be more. Ask your electrician to be sure.
- LG&E customers – Will you need gas service as well as electric service?
- Inspection – Has it been completed by the county inspector?
- Provide a cross-street or a directional street (for example, cross-street, subdivision name, nearby address or landmark). This information is especially helpful for rural areas.
- KU customers: Have the electrical contractor’s name and phone number if spot service or a ditch inspection is required. The electrical contractor can also contact KU for these services.
LG&E and KU Energy LLC reserves the right to revise program requirements and incentive levels at any time. Incentives are subject to availability.