LG&E and KU is excited to announce our grant programs are now entirely digital!
LG&E and KU Foundation Grant applications will be accepted through our online grant portal. All applications and corresponding documentation must be submitted electronically through the portal. Paper applications will no longer be accepted. The 2019 grant application period will open in the fall.
Criteria for application
- Organizations must be recognized as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Organizations may submit a "Contribution Request Form" no more than once a calendar year.
- Requests should have a clear statement of purpose and have no avoidable duplication of services of other organizations in the same general area.
- Requests should fulfill specific needs within the four areas of focus and generally do not include capital campaigns.
- Grantmaking in the area of Health and Human Services will be made only to United Way.
- Requests may not involve direct support of raffles or prizes.
- The Foundation cannot receive any benefit from the donations it makes. Tables, honorary or celebratory programs/events, and other outings may be considered on a case-by-case basis from funds unrelated to the Foundation.
- Organizations should not be affiliated with religious organizations, unless the program benefits the overall community and does not solely support a specific religious doctrine.
- Organizations should not be affiliated with political, fraternal, or labor organizations.
- Individuals, pageants or travel expenses
- Organizations without an IRS 501(c)(3) designation
- United Way and Fund for the Arts agencies
- Political, fraternal, labor, or religious organizations/endeavors
- Capital campaigns
- Medical research or disease campaigns/walks
- Requests outside the Company's service territory
- Athletic sponsorships