With the Time of Day Demand rate, you can save money based on the time of the day you use electricity and by avoiding the use of major appliances at the same time. If you are able to avoid using many appliances at the same time, you can save more. For example, don’t use your dishwasher, run a load of laundry and cook dinner at the same time. Spread out your energy use, shifting certain energy use to Base hours.
With Time of Day Demand, the energy charge is reduced, but there is a demand charge in addition to the energy charge, encouraging you to lower the amount of electricity you use at once.
The Energy and Demand Charges
|Energy charge per kWh||$0.05276||$0.04472|
|Base Demand charge per kW||$3.48||$3.44|
|Peak Demand charge per kW||$7.62||$8.90|
- Energy charge per kWh: $0.05276
- Base Demand charge per kW: $3.48
- Peak Demand charge per kW: $7.62
- Energy charge per kWh: $0.04472
- Base Demand charge per kW: $3.44
- Peak Demand charge per kW: $8.90
Who could benefit from Residential Demand Rate?
- Customers who pay attention to WHAT appliances are running WHEN.
- Customers who have a programmable thermostat.
- Customers who have timers or time delays on their appliances (such as a delay start on the dishwasher).