- Earn rebate between $3,000 and $25,000 for new commercial construction built 10-25% above state code
Building a new, efficient commercial property? If so, you could be eligible for cash rebates for your energy-efficiency investments. Rebates are awarded based on percentage of savings and square footage, per the chart below.
|Performance Tier||% Savings Over Code||Less Than 25,000 sqft||Greater Than or Equal to 25,000 sqft|
Eligibility and required documentation
- Commercial rebates are available to all LG&E and KU electric commercial customers who contribute to Demand Side Management as part of their monthly bill. Businesses must operate for a minimum of 1,800 hours annually.
- New building construction must have been completed (building is ready for occupancy) on or after November 14, 2014. Additionally, the LG&E or KU account must have been established in the customer’s name on or after November 14, 2014.
- New construction rebates are awarded to business facilities that are built to a certain percentage above the current state building code. For the latest state building codes, please visit http://www.energycodes.gov/adoption/states/kentucky.
If facility qualifies, customer may apply for and receive rebates for New Construction and LEED New Construction categories.
- Required documentation includes:
- Documentation that supports savings claims above code. Examples include modeling inputs and/or outputs that support savings claims above code or other types of documentation from designer, architect or engineer stating what was installed to support the savings goal.
- Square footage of building
Be sure to have your account number and tax ID or social security number handy. Contractors, vendors and energy service companies may apply by phone.