- Rebate amount: $24 per hp (all sizes)
Variable frequency drives (VFDs) offer commercial properties better control of energy usage. Rather than the "all-on or all-off" approach used in more traditional motors and equipment, variable frequency drives only require the amount of energy necessary to run at the time, providing a more moderated use of power.
Eligibility and required documentation
- Commercial rebates are available to all LG&E and KU electric commercial customers who contribute to Demand Side Management as part of their monthly bill. Businesses must operate for a minimum of 1,800 hours annually.
- Equipment must have been purchased on or after April 1, 2008.
- All VFD sizes are eligible for a rebate.
- In no case will LG&E and KU pay an incentive above the actual cost of the new equipment.
Be sure to have your account number and tax ID or social security number handy. Contractors, vendors and energy service companies may apply by phone.