- Rebate Amount: $100, plus an additional $100 for every SEER unit
Upgrading your HVAC system is a great way to save on heating and cooling expenses. Our program offers LG&E and KU residential electric customers a rebate to help offset the cost of a qualifying central air conditioner or air-source heat pump. The higher the SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating listed on the AHRI certificate, the larger the rebate.
Rebate based on SEER Rating
|Split Systems||Single-Package Systems||Rebate|
Rebates for HVAC systems with a SEER rating greater than 21 also qualify for the program with an additional $100 per SEER unit (or $50 per half unit).
Eligibility and required documentation
- Split systems must have a SEER rating greater than or equal to 14.5; Geothermal and "mini" split systems are not eligible
- Single-package systems must have a SEER rating greater than or equal to 14
- Product must be purchased after Nov. 9, 2011
- Product must be fully installed and operational
- Application must be completed, signed and returned with an original or copy of your receipt and the AHRI certificate obtained by your HVAC installer
- AHRI certificate must list model numbers for the condenser unit and evaporator coil. See an example.
- Receipt must be legible and include:
- Retailer/contractor name, address and phone number
- Itemized listing of product(s), including description(s), manufacturer(s), model number(s) or other identifying information. The receipt information must match the product information from the rebate application
- Purchase price and proof that full payment was made
- Purchase date and date of delivery or installment (if installed by a contractor)
How many times can I apply?
Customers may apply for two HVAC system rebates per year. A maximum of four rebates will be allowed per customer account.
Receiving your check or pre-paid Visa card
Once your application has been approved, your choice of a check or pre-paid Visa card will be mailed in approximately six to eight weeks. Learn how the full rebate process works here.
Sign Up with My Account