October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month — a good time for women to have their annual mammogram screening. The company’s wellness program offers on-site mammograms to female employees, retirees and spouses who:
- Are 40 years of age or older.
- Have not had a mammogram in the past 12 months.
- Do not have breast implants.
- Are not pregnant or breast feeding.
- Are not currently having breast problems.
A mobile mammography unit will be at the following company facilities on the dates listed:
Louisville (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- LG&E Center – Oct. 1, 2 (Monday and Tuesday)
- Broadway Office Complex – Oct. 3, 4, 5 (Wednesday through Friday) and Nov. 2 (Friday)
- Auburndale Operations Center – Nov. 3 (Saturday)
Lexington (8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Lexington Operations Center – Nov. 1 (Thursday)
Participants must bring their insurance card with them to receive a mammogram screening. Since a mammogram is considered preventive care, there will be no out-of-pocket costs for the participant.
All mammograms will be performed by the James Graham Brown Cancer Center's mobile mammography unit. To schedule an appointment at one of these facilities, call 1-888-802-8153 or 502-562-4361. Please have your insurance information available when scheduling an appointment. Also, please note that screenings may be cancelled or rescheduled depending on registration levels.
Employees and spouses: Remember, you can earn points on the Healthy for Life portal by getting a mammogram!