Supercharge your technology in Kentucky.
With our competitive electric power rates, excellent reliability and business-friendly climate, there’s no question that Kentucky is the best possible place to build or relocate your technology business and data centers.
What makes us shine brighter than the rest? LG&E and KU's average rate for data centers is $.0575 per kWh with a 2,500 kW load at 90% load factor.
And when IT represents 30 to 40 percent of a typical company's energy consumption, and corporate data center operating costs are reportedly growing by 20 percent per year, these numbers can make a big difference.
LG&E and KU provide exceptional reliability, a key factor to ensure smooth operations on a daily basis.
Kentucky offers competitive incentives to those interested in moving or building their data center or technology business here.
Kentucky also boasts a low cost of doing business and a low risk of natural disasters, both of which are highly desirable when searching for the perfect location for your data center or technology business.
Why do companies choose to do business in Kentucky?
- Site Selection magazine's annual Governor's Cup rankings have placed Kentucky 10th in the nation for new and expanded industry activity in 2012.
- In 2013, Kentucky announced 52 new companies and 222 expansion projects, resulting in 12,598 jobs and a capital investment estimated at over $3.1 billion.
- Kentucky has finished among the top 15 states in the nation for the last five years in a row.
- Kentucky ranked 3rd in growth of entrepreneurial growth activity from 2008-2010.
- Kentucky's 3 largest cities all ranked among Forbes Best Places for Business.
- Lexington and Louisville were listed in Relocate America's Top 100 Places to Live for 2010.
Seventeen companies on the Fortune 25 largest U.S. corporations have facilities in Kentucky.