Business Office customer representatives work one-on-one with walk-in customers at the 26 LG&E and KU offices throughout the service territory. They process customer payments, address billing and service requests, and answer general company questions. Because Business Office representatives work directly with customers and handle a large variety of requests, they need to be flexible, friendly and comfortable with face-to-face interaction.
Successful customer service employees in any of the three areas need:
- A high school diploma or equivalent; a two- or four-year college degree, preferably in business, is desirable.
- One year of customer service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Multi-tasking skills for a fast-paced environment.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.