Join our Budget Payment Plan for a more predictable bill
- Make your energy bill more predictable, even when the weather is not.
- We’ll review your usage regularly to ensure your monthly bill stays as consistent as possible.
- We recommend enrolling in low energy use months like May, June, September or October.
How it works
When you sign up, we’ll provide you with a customized initial budget payment amount that is based on an average of the previous 12 months of bills at your current address.
- At the end of your first 12 months, if you used less energy than anticipated, you’ll receive a credit toward future bills. If you used more energy than anticipated, you’ll owe the difference on that month’s bill.
- Twice a year we’ll review, and possibly adjust your monthly payment to reduce the chance of an outstanding balance. If an adjustment is needed, we’ll notify you one month in advance.
To be eligible, your account must:
- Have a $0.00 balance.
- Not have an unpaid payment arrangement.
- Be new to the Budget Payment Plan, not removed within the last 12 months.
- Have been active at your address for at least 10 months in a row.
- Use a minimum amount of energy (>150 kWh).
- Not be billed based on “demand” energy use (usually only applicable to larger businesses).
You can sign up for the Budget Payment Plan anytime, but we recommend signing up in lower usage months like May, June, September or October. This helps avoid the chance of a larger settlement amount at the end of your Budget Payment Plan.