Empowering economic vitality and quality of life.
To provide reliable, safe energy at a reasonable cost to our customers and best-in-sector returns to our shareowners.
Safety and Health
We do not compromise on safety and health. Our objective is very simple: zero accidents and no adverse impact on the public, employees or contractors.
- We hold ourselves and our co-workers accountable for safe work behaviors, and we work in partnership with our employees and our union leadership where appropriate to ensure a superb safety culture in the company. We also hold contractors to applicable safety standards.
- Before we start jobs, we assess associated safety risks. The assessment includes identifying what could go wrong and developing plans to address those risks.
- We all participate in safety training programs, and safety and health are regularly addressed at group meetings.
- Each of us has the authority to stop any job we believe is unsafe. Employee accidents and near misses are reported and investigated promptly and thoroughly for lessons learned to avoid future accidents.
- We hold ourselves accountable for complying with safety rules.
- We recognize the importance of our well-being – at home and at work – taking positive steps to improve and maintain our overall health.
We provide the highest quality, safe, reasonably-priced service to all our customers, improving quality of life in the areas we serve. We anticipate and meet the needs of both our external and internal customers.
- We listen to customers — both external and internal — treating them with respect and seeking their input to better understand their needs. Our customer commitment is reflected in our business processes, systems, organizational structures, decision-making and — most of all — in our behaviors.
- We seek to make every customer interaction a positive experience seeking innovative solutions to solve problems — both simple and complex — on the first contact.
- We serve as ambassadors for the company, encouraging customers and others who have a stake in our business to be active supporters of our operations and initiatives.
- We provide our customers with a wide range of information, programs and tools to help them use energy wisely.
- We are innovative and driven to find ways to improve our services and our business.
- To create lasting value for the company and customers, we seek mutually beneficial relationships with a group of high-quality, diverse suppliers.
Diversity and Engagement
We are committed to an inclusive, respectful and diverse workplace that rewards performance, enables professional development and encourages employee engagement. Employees take responsibility for results and are committed to diversity and to continual improvement.
- We value inclusiveness and diversity as essential components of our identity and long-term success. We treat each other with fairness, respect and dignity, fostering an atmosphere of professionalism and trust.
- We promote open communication — engaging and maintaining good working relationships across the organizaiton.
- We seek to be the "employer of choice" where we do business, providing a competitive compensation and benefits package and excellent career opportunities.
- We trust one another's good intentions and we value teamwork, seeking the creativity and perspectives of our colleagues. Effective teamwork requires active cooperation and the sharing of our knowledge and resources, while being sensitive to how our actions may affect others.
- We look for ways to creatively challenge employees, creating opportunities for enrichment and development to enable employees to reach their full potential. Each of us takes responsibility for managing our own professional development, pursuing the skills, knowledge and education that will support the continued growth of the company.
- We develop leaders who have the ability and commitment to enable excellent performance throughout the organization. All employees demonstrate leadership in supporting the organization’s values and objectives in their daily work.
We have a personal commitment to excellence in all we do, taking great pride in our professionalism, attention to details and continual improvement. Each employee understands that excellent day-to-day performance and a personal focus on results are essential to producing superior results.
- We set ambitious goals and objectives for ourselves, adapt well to changing circumstances and take personal responsibility for getting the job done right – the first time.
- We are never satisfied with the status quo and have a bias toward action, taking the initiative to anticipate and solve problems.
- We hold ourselves and our teams accountable for achieving results and take the initiative to anticipate and solve problems.
- We are resiliant, reliable and results-oriented. We focus on the long term, understanding that taking shortcuts for near-term performance is counter-productive.
- Each of us accepts responsibility for doing the job right, for providing the best in service to external and internal customers, and for contributing to the company's success. Employees throughout the organization share knowledge and act for the good of the entire enterprise.
- We understand our business and the organization's goals. We align our work with the company's to achieve results.
- As leaders, we create a supportive, action-oriented environment, promoting employee growth through learning on the job and development programs.
Integrity and Openness
We act honestly and ethically in everything we do, adhering to the highest standards of conduct. We honor our commitments, take personal responsibility for our actions and communicate openly.
- We rely on the proven personal integrity of PPL's employees to fulfill our mission. We share a commitment to established standards of conduct, agreeing that the end never justifies inappropriate means.
- We are trustworthy in all we do, telling the truth in all of our communications.
- We follow through on our commitments and take ownership for correcting our mistakes.
- We have the courage to act on our convictions, finding constructive ways to candidly share our views and promote positive interaction, even when it is difficult.
- We share knowledge with our co-workers, contributing to an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement.
We conduct our business in a responsible manner, considering the needs of present and future generations. We are committed to being an exemplary corporate citizen, seeking to improve the quality of life in the communities in which we do business.
- We respect the regulatory role in our business, living by the spirit as well as the letter of the law. We are committed to constructive relationships with the regulators who oversee our operations.
- We encourage employee volunteerism and support organizations that improve the quality of life in our communities.
- Through our corporate contributions, we provide funds for important community development and environmental initiatives.
- We are actively involved in revitalization programs that enhance the communities we serve.
- We are committed to operating our business in a way that minimizes our impact on the environment.