You want to keep your home cool and comfortable during the summer, but you don’t want your air conditioner running constantly, driving up your energy bill. There are a few simple things you can do to help keep things pleasant indoors and save energy during the heat of the summer.
- Make sure your registers are not blocked by any furniture.
- While checking on the registers, it’s a good idea to vacuum or dust them. Clean registers lessen the strain on your AC unit.
- Close curtains, shades and blinds during the hottest part of the day … especially those on the windows that face south and west.
- Consider using sun-control or reflective film on windows to help keep the summer heat from entering.
- If you have ceiling fans, set them to rotate counterclockwise.
Go to lge-ku.com/toolbox for more tips on saving energy.