The LG&E and KU Foundation is once again proud to sponsor the Louisville Zoo’s annual Party for the Planet. The month-long celebration of the Earth begins Thursday, April 1, with a virtual kick-off party. Other highlights include:
- Funday Mondays (April 5, 12, 19 and 26) – Discounted admission of $5.25 per person and featured Keeper Talks.
- Earth Day Community Discount Day (Sunday, April 25) – Discounted admission of $8.25 per person plus free parking.
The zoo’s website (louisvillezoo.org) and social media channels are also hosting events during the month:
- Celebrate the Earth Saturdays – The zoo’s Facebook page will feature educators and eco-partners with conservation-themed, hands-on activities for the whole family.
- Doing Something Green – Take a photo in April and post it on the zoo’s social media pages with the hashtag #LouZooEarthMonth.
- Conservation and Conversations (Wednesday, April 21) – Visit the zoo’s website at louisvillezoo.org for a discussion on Greta Thunberg’s book No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference and David Attenborough’s A Life on Our Planet about the global experience of climate change and what we can do to mitigate humans’ adverse impact on the planet.
- Earth Day (Thursday, April 22) – Visit the zoo’s social media channels where winners of the Trashformation Student Art Contest will be revealed.
Please note that the Louisville Zoo is operating under reduced capacity due to COVID-19. Also, face masks are required for all guests over the age of five.
We are committed to protecting the environment while delivering reliable, safe and low-cost energy by promoting sustainable energy sources such as hydro and solar power, reducing air emissions, supporting electric vehicle drivers and offering a variety of energy-efficiency tips.
Visit lge-ku.com/environment to learn more about our environmental stewardship.