Summer’s a great time to dial back the amount of time you spend in the kitchen. After all, the kitchen is generally the hottest room in your house, so the less time you use it during the hot months, the less strain is put on your air conditioner. That can result in savings on your monthly utility bill.
- Use your stove and oven as little as possible. Try the microwave, slow cooker, air fryer, pressure cooker or toaster oven to create your meal.
- Who doesn’t like a summer cookout? It’s the perfect time to grill hamburgers, chicken, veggies, etc. – whatever suits your fancy.
- The park is calling … or maybe just the backyard. Make a few sandwiches and have a picnic.
- Give yourself a treat and go out to eat. There’s nothing wrong with taking a day off from cooking and cleaning.
Visit lge-ku.com/tips for more energy-efficiency suggestions.
Grilled Cheddar Hamburgers
- 1 lb. ground beef (or plant-based meat for a vegetarian option)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and divide into four patties. Grill over medium heat 8-10 minutes, flipping once halfway through grilling time.