Customers, be aware! We have received numerous calls from concerned customers reporting door-to-door “solar installers” claiming to work for LG&E and KU. Oftentimes, these scammers will also use high-pressure sales tactics with the promise of providing “free solar panels” or “free energy” as part of signing up to do business with them.
While there are many legitimate solar installers across our service area, please know that LG&E and KU do not market or sell residential rooftop solar panels and are not affiliated with any residential solar installers. Our website has a complete list of our renewable programs and resources to help you determine what is best for you.
Just as you would do with any significant investment involving your home, we encourage you to always do your homework and secure quotes from several reputable businesses before signing any contract or agreement and making a significant financial investment.
Never let your guard down when it comes to scammers, as they will say and try to do many things to take your money.
As a reminder, LG&E and KU will NEVER:
- Threaten to cut off your service if you do not make an immediate payment.
- Make a live or automated call to demand payment.
- Send someone to your home to demand payment.
- Ask you for a credit card or debit card number or checking account information.
- Ask you to pay with a prepaid debit card or gift card.
If someone claiming to be from LG&E and KU ever calls you (and the caller ID could even say it’s us) demanding immediate payment, hang up…it’s a scam.
If someone comes to your door claiming to be from LG&E and KU, ask to see the person's company-issued employee or contractor identification card. An authentic identification card will show our company logo, the employee's name and color photograph on the front.
To easily check on the status of your account, you have a few options.
- Use our free mobile app. (Download it using the QR code in this newsletter or by searching “LG&E KU ODP” in app stores.)
- Sign in to your online account (My Account). If you do not have an online account, quickly create one at my.lge-ku.com.
- Call our automated phone system and press 1-2-1.
If you ever suspect you’ve been scammed or were targeted by a scammer, call the police and then let us know by filling out the form at lge-ku.com/report/scam.