LG&E and KU have long recognized Supplier Diversity as a corporate value and one that we expect our prime suppliers and contractors to actively embrace. LG&E and KU strongly encourages its Prime Suppliers to provide equal opportunities to small business enterprises including minority-, women-, HUBZone, veteran-, and service-disabled veteran- owned small business enterprises in the performance of their contracts. As an industry leader, we know that supplier diversity is key to sustaining our long-term success.
The Supplier Diversity Department’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and implementing a world-class supplier diversity program to meet PPL, LG&E and KU’s existing and future needs;
- Identifying company-wide contracting and purchasing opportunities to ensure that diverse businesses have the opportunity to bid competitively;
- Identifying diverse businesses to bid on opportunities throughout the company; and
- Participating in business development organizations and activities to promote LG&E and KU’s commitment to supplier diversity.
For more information about LG&E and KU Supplier Diversity, visit lge-ku.com/diversity/diversity_suppliers.asp or contact Eboni Edwards, Supplier Diversity manager at Eboni.Edwards@lge-ku.com.
To be eligible to participate in LG&E and KU’s Supplier Diversity Program, your company must be certified as at least one of the following:
- Women-owned business — A company that is at least 51 percent owned, managed and controlled by one or more women, or — in the case of a publicly owned business — at least 51 percent of stock owned by one or more women;
- Minority-owned business — A company that is at least 51 percent owned, managed and controlled by one or more minority persons;
- Designated as a Small Disadvantaged, HUB Zone, Veteran-owned, or Service-disabled Veteran-owned business as defined by the Small Business Administration (SBA).
Program participation requires that all businesses provide proof of certification through a local, national, state or federal certifying agency.