We know that electricity is important to all of our customers, but it is a necessity for some. If you are on a physician prescribed ventilator, respirator or ventricular assist device, we urge you to notify us so we can make you aware of our Medical Alert Program.
Once you complete the necessary paperwork and secure your doctor's authorization, we will make a note in your account to make you aware of planned maintenance outages in your area and keep you advised of our restoration efforts in the event of unplanned outages.
We encourage you to be prepared in the event of an extended outage by:
- Having an alternative source of power, such as a battery back-up or a generator.
- Keeping emergency phone numbers handy for your doctor, fire, police and ambulance services. Remember, cordless phones will not work during power outage situations. Be sure to have a corded or cellular phone available.
- Storing a battery-operated radio and fresh batteries.
- Listening to the radio or watching your local news station during bad weather to stay informed of the severity of the storm.
- Making arrangements with family and friends in the event you must leave your home due to an extended power outage.