What is the WeCare program?
One of our energy efficiency efforts — WeCare (Weatherization, Conservation Advice and Recycling Energy), is designed to create savings through weatherization and energy education to help customers in need.
How much does the program cost?
The program is provided at no additional cost to LG&E and KU customers who qualify.
What does the program include?
If you qualify and are selected for the program, professional energy analysts will come and show you how to use energy more wisely around your home. And, depending on your needs, you also may be eligible for energy-saving services and products that increase the comfort and efficiency of your home. Some of the services may include:
- Air and duct sealing and insulation
- Attic and wall insulation
- Water heater insulating jackets
- Energy-efficient water devices
- Heating and central air conditioning tune-ups
- LED lightbulbs
- Programmable thermostats
- Energy-efficient refrigerators (replacements)
- Energy-efficient window and air conditioners (replacements)
How do I know if I’m eligible for WeCare?
Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities residential customers may participate in this program.
The eligibility requirements are:
- The customer must have lived in their home for one year with 12 months of continuous service.
- The customer's home must not have received WeCare services or an On-Site Home Energy Analysis in the last three years.
- The customer's income must meet the guidelines of the federal government's Low Income Heating Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
- Renters must have their landlord sign a consent form to participate.
Why does LG&E and KU want to help me?
LG&E and KU understand that cost of living increases can be challenging for our customers. We offer this program to help customers better manage their energy usage and improve the comfort and safety in their homes. This is just one of our many outreach efforts in the community.
How long does it take after I sign up for WeCare?
After you enroll in the program, you will be contacted within 3-5 business days by our business partner.
- If you are eligible and no verification (neither income nor landlord consent) is needed, you are qualified to participate in program and will be called to schedule an appointment at your home.
- If you are eligible and verification (income verification and/or landlord consent) is needed, our business partner will contact you for the required information. After receipt of this information, it will be determined if you’re qualified to participate.
The initial on-site appointment can take 2 to 3 hours to collect data and determine the next steps for making your home more efficient. Follow-up visits may also be scheduled to complete the total weatherization process.
May I receive WeCare services if I have already participated?
Customers who have not received WeCare services or had an On-Site Home Energy Analysis in the last three years and meet other requirements are eligible for the program.
How do I sign up for WeCare?
Sign up online using My Account, or call 800-356-5467.