LG&E and KU’s Business Demand Conservation program provides a customized energy-reduction plan at no additional cost for our business customers, to help you reduce your facility’s energy load and earn monetary incentives in return.
Features and benefits
- There is no additional cost to participate in this program.
- On-site metering and communications equipment installed at each participating site will help you monitor real-time energy usage.
- Gain access to your own, near real-time, 5-minute interval meter data through a personalized online portal.
- Customers receive a customized curtailment plan to maximize your opportunities to reduce energy usage while minimizing impacts on business operations.
- The Demand Conservation Program incentive structure has changed for 2019-2025. A participant will receive an end-of-season incentive only if both of the following conditions are met: (1) a cycling event is called during that season and (2) the participant was enrolled in the program during at least one cycling event that season. If both conditions are met, participants receive up to $15 per kilowatt-year based on their energy reductions during cycling events. The incentives will vary based on actual energy reductions and the frequency of dispatch events after the DR season is complete. For example, a 90 kilowatt reduction performance average would payout $1,350 ($15 x 90 kW [season average performance] = $1,350).
- Energy reductions can be made across a broad range of equipment. Common examples include: raising thermostat settings by a few degrees, changing ventilation patterns or cutting back on non-essential lighting.
- Get important tips from energy industry experts to develop customized energy reduction plans.
- Help your community manage overall demand on the electric system during critical "peak" summer days. Cycling events could be called in the months of June, July, August and September.
- Monthly demand greater than 200 kW.
- Participating customers must commit to curtailing at least 50 kW per dispatch event.
LG&E and KU Energy LLC reserves the right to revise program requirements and incentive levels at any time. Incentives are subject to availability.