LG&E and KU offer business customers the opportunity to host charging stations.
Business customers may host one or more charging stations to be located in a suitable location on their property that is mutually agreed upon by LG&E and KU and the company. It is up to the station host to determine if the hosted stations will be publicly or privately accessible.
The stations include space for customer branding and have charging plugs that lock in the stand when not in use. The stations also have digital display screens and quick-pay options for a convenient customer experience.
- Must be an LG&E or KU business customer.
- Station host must agree to host the station(s) for at least 5 years.
- Station host must bear the costs of the stations, including maintenance, installation and energy usage. These costs are covered via an initial installation fee and an ongoing monthly hosting fee.
Charging station options
- Charging stations can be designated for public or private use, and hosts will determine the charging station locations on their property.
- Stations may be located on the customer side or utility side of the electric meter, and costs are determined based on the location of the stations in relation to the electric meter.
- Station hosts pay for installation costs of charging station, including wiring, conduit, protective bollards, etc.
- Estimated one-time installation costs per station will range from $750 - $15,000.
- Businesses interested in providing their own contractor for the installation of their charging station may do so. Download our installation guide (PDF).