According to ENERGY STAR®, refrigerators 15 years or older use twice as much energy as a new ENERGY STAR certified model. Our program offers LG&E and KU residential electric customers a rebate to help offset the cost of a qualifying high-efficiency fridge or freezer.
Eligibility and required documentation
- Customer must have applied for a rebate on or before March 31, 2018.
- Product must be ENERGY STAR certified. Find the list of eligible refrigerator models and freezer models
- Refrigerators must be full-size (at least 7.75 cu. ft. or larger); small “dorm size” fridges do not qualify
- Product must be purchased after November 9, 2011
- Product must be fully installed and operational
- Application must be completed, signed and returned with an original or copy of your receipt
- Receipt must be legible and include:
- Retailer/contractor name, address and phone number
- Itemized listing of product(s), including description(s), manufacturer(s), model number(s) or other identifying information. The receipt information must match the product information from the rebate application
- Purchase price and proof that full payment was made
- Purchase date and date of delivery or installment (if installed by a contractor)
Receiving your check or pre-paid Visa card:
Once your application has been approved, your choice of check or pre-paid Visa card will be mailed in approximately six to eight weeks. Learn how the full rebate process works here.
Recycle that old fridge.
Before you get rid of that old refrigerator or freezer, consider recycling it the proper way. Our Fridge and Freezer Recycling Program offers customer $50 to their old, working appliances. Click here to learn more.
To check on the status of an existing rebate application, log in to My Account.
LG&E and KU Energy LLC reserves the right to revise program requirements and incentive levels at any time. Incentives are subject to availability.