Installing high-efficiency window film to reduce the amount of heat that enters your home is a great way to save energy and keep your home comfortable. Though more expensive, some customers may choose to install high-efficiency replacement windows. Both products that meet the requirements below may be eligible for rebates to LG&E and KU residential electric customers.
(Tip: While many replacement windows can help seal your home, the payback period is very lengthy so often times it is not economical to make this investment. Window film offers many of the same energy-saving benefits at a fraction of the cost.)
Eligibility and required documentation
- Customer must have applied for a rebate on or before March 31, 2018.
- The window film or replacement window must have a Solar Heat Gain less than or equal to 0.45 or a Shading Coefficient less than or equal to 0.5. Regardless of how many panes a new window may have, it must meet the required solar heat gain or shading coefficient to qualify for this program.
- Product must be purchased after November 9, 2011
- Product must be fully installed and operational
- Application must be completed, signed and returned with an original or copy of your receipt
- High-efficiency replacement windows also require the NFRC label obtained by your installation contractor. The NFRC label must list model numbers and indicate the required solar heat gain coefficient or shading coefficient mentioned above. Review an example.
- The same window product cannot qualify for both window film and high-efficiency replacement window rebates.
- Receipt must be legible and include:
- Retailer/contractor name, address and phone number.
- Itemized listing of product(s), including description(s), manufacturer(s), model number(s) or other identifying information. The receipt information must match the product information from the rebate application and (in the case of windows) the product information on the NFRC label.
- Purchase price and proof that full payment was made.
- Purchase date and date of delivery or installment (if installed by a contractor).
Receiving your check or pre-paid Visa card
Once your application has been approved, your choice of check or pre-paid Visa card will be mailed in approximately six to eight weeks. Learn how the full rebate process works here.
To check on the status of an existing rebate application, log in to My Account.
LG&E and KU Energy LLC reserves the right to revise program requirements and incentive levels at any time. Incentives are subject to availability.