National Consumer Protection Week is coming soon (March 5–11), making this a good time to offer you a few tips to help protect your account from criminals. Unfortunately, scammers never take a break, so it’s crucial to be aware of some of their tricks.
We will NEVER:
- Make a live phone call to demand payment.
- Contact you to get personal information such as credit/debit card numbers or checking account information.
- Send a representative to your home to demand payment.
- Ask you to make a payment with a prepaid debit/gift card or a payment app.
- Tell you your service will be cut off if you do not make an immediate payment.
If you ever get a call, email or text claiming to come from us and demanding immediate payment, it’s a scam. If you suspect the request is not legitimate, you have a few options to easily check your account status.
- Sign in to the free mobile app. (If you don’t have it, you can download it at lge-ku.com/app.)
- Sign in to My Account (my.lge-ku.com).
- Call our automated phone system and press 1-2-1.
And if you ever believe you have been scammed, report it to the police. Visit lge-ku.com/report/scam to fill out the online form to let us know, too.