Inclusion and Diversity is a long-term strategic commitment at LG&E and KU, and it is core to how we do business. It is a responsibility shared by employees, managers and officers.
The company’s officer-led Diversity Council oversees internal and external initiatives that emphasize fairness, recognize each individual's unique value, and sees differences as an opportunity to improve the workplace. The council provides oversight and guidance in the following areas:
- recruit for and hire diverse candidates,
- train and educate for diversity,
- promote supplier diversity of our business partners,
- communicate and promote diversity efforts, and
- support inclusive outreach to the communities we serve.
To further focus on these initiatives, two key management roles — one focused on employee diversity, the other on supplier diversity — lead our internal efforts.
LG&E and KU has been, and will continue to be, an equal employment opportunity employer. We commit that persons are recruited, hired and promoted for all jobs without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, perceived disability or any other protected characteristic as may be defined by applicable law.
LG&E and KU Energy understands the valuable resource our employees are in offering diverse perspectives, cultural connection, and mutual support. With executive sponsorship these resource groups play an important role in building networks and community outreach efforts. The company offers six Business Resource Groups for our employees and supporters:
- Expanding Networks and Growth of African American Groups in Energy (ENGAGE)
- Cultivation, Networking, Community, and Talent (CNCT)
- Hispanic Organization for Leadership Advancement (HOLA)
- Armed Forces Energy Partners (AFEP)
- Women in Energy (WINergy)
- Pride at Work (PaW)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our Human Resources department at LGEKUaccommodation@lge-ku.com or call 502-627-2410, and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and phone number.