A new ENERGY STAR® certified heat pump water heater is an excellent way to make your home more energy efficient. Our program offers LG&E and KU electric residential customers a rebate to help offset the cost of a qualifying unit.
Eligibility and required documentation
- Customer must have applied for a rebate on or before March 31, 2018.
- Product must be ENERGY STAR® certified. Find the list of eligible electric heat pump water heater models
- Product must be purchased after November 9, 2011
- Product must be fully installed and operational
- Application must be completed, signed and returned with an original or copy of your receipt
- Receipt must be legible and include:
- Retailer/contractor name, address and phone number
- Itemized listing of product(s), including description(s), manufacturer(s), model number(s) or other identifying information. The receipt information must match the product information from the rebate application
- Purchase price and proof that full payment was made
- Purchase date and date of delivery or installment (if installed by a contractor)
Receiving your check or pre-paid Visa card
Once your application has been approved, your choice of check or pre-paid Visa will be mailed in approximately six to eight weeks. Learn how the full rebate process works here.
To check on the status of an existing rebate application, log in to My Account.
LG&E and KU Energy LLC reserves the right to revise program requirements and incentive levels at any time. Incentives are subject to availability.