The goal of the LG&E and KU Children's Energy Education Program is to provide high quality educational experiences for elementary and middle school children in the LG&E and KU service area.
This goal will be achieved by:
- Direct teacher training in energy content and classroom best practices
- Reaching students not only in the science classroom — but in math, language arts, technology and practical living
- Strong alignment to Kentucky's Standard Course of Study/Core Content Standards
- Technical assistance for teaching energy in the classroom and follow-up classroom support for trained teachers
- Creating School Energy Teams and providing training for school personnel and students
- Hands-on inquiry lessons and kits for student learning experiences
- Comprehensive Web resources for classroom use and program implementation
This program is provided to all public, private and independent elementary and middle schools that receive electric utility service through Louisville Gas and Electric Company or Kentucky Utilities Company.