The LG&E and KU Children's Energy Education Program is designed to help students — and their families — reduce energy consumption at home. The LG&E and KU Saving Energy Student/Family Guide and the LG&E and KU Saving Energy Teacher Guide provide lessons and activities designed to help raise awareness about how to save energy at home.
The Energy Conservation Contract is available to students and their families to help them set specific goals for home energy efficiency.
The following websites offer additional information and resources to help students and their families:
- U.S. Energy Information Administration for Kids
- ENERGY STAR® Kids' Page
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Department of Energy – Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- The Kentucky Department of Energy Development and Independence