The COVID-19 pandemic created unprecedented challenges for our customers and the communities we serve. We remain committed to working with our customers to connect them with resources such as community assistance agencies for financial assistance or to help spread out past-due balances with convenient payment arrangements.
In partnership with others in our communities, we’re also continuing to support organizations that provide direct relief to those impacted most by this ongoing crisis.
Now more than ever, we’re here for you.
For LG&E customers
For KU customers
For ODP customers
- KY COVID-19 Hotline – (800) 722-5725
- KY COVID-19 Website – kycovid19.ky.gov
- To report price gouging – (888) 432-9257
- KY Clinicians – (888) 404-1539
- Day SHOC – (502) 564-5460
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – cdc.gov/coronavirus
- Medicaid enrollment: www.healthbenefitexchange.ky.gov 855-459-6328
- Public Assistance Benefits: www.benefind.ky.gov 855-306-8959
- Apply for unemployment at www.kcc.ky.gov or call 502-875-0442
- Donate blood – redcross.org
- Healthy at Home Utility Relief: teamkyhherf.ky.gov
- Louisville Ministries: louisvilleministries.org
- Community Action Kentucky: capky.org/network
- The U.S. Treasury has released Coronavirus Relief Funds to help Kentuckians with rent and utility bills dating back to April 2020. Visit teamkyhherf.ky.gov to apply. View Flyer (PDF)
- Low Income agencies are available for those that need assistance.
- Neighborhood Place