Help for residential and business customers
- Disconnects for non-payment are suspended until at least August 1, 2020, so pay what you can — we will help set up payment arrangements for you, or you can make partial payments without fear of disconnection. ODP customers, click here.
- New late fees waived until at least August 1, 2020, so late fees won’t be accumulating and adding to your bill.
- Lower natural gas costs are being passed on to our customers. This means more money for families and businesses during this difficult time.
- We are all spending more time at home than usual so here are some energy-saving tips that may help lower your energy use.
- Low Income agencies are available for those that need assistance.
- LIHEAP Summer Cooling Funds are now available. LIHEAP is a federally funded program to assist low-income households by offering seasonal financial assistance.
- Team Kentucky Funds can help provide utility bill assistance or other basic resources to qualified applicants who lost employment or had their income reduced by COVID-19. Contact your Community Action Agency for more information.
Additional help for business customers
- The federal Paycheck Protection Program – part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security, or CARES Act – helps small businesses make payroll, pay rent and cover utilities during the COVID-19 pandemic. Many businesses may already be approved for these funds, so remember that they can be used to pay your utilities.
- More programs like this may soon be available, so please keep checking for other local city, state and national programs to assist your business during this crisis.
Beware of scams
Unfortunately, scammers may try to take advantage during this situation. Remember that LG&E, KU and ODP will never call you and ask for credit or debit card numbers or other personal information. Customers who receive a suspicious phone call should hang up and contact us directly if someone calls and demands payment of your bill.
News & updates
Lower fuel costs help hold down LG&E and KU energy bills
April 15, 2020
Six tips to keep energy use in check
April 1, 2020
Flushing wipes can be costly and dangerous
March 27, 2020
- KY COVID-19 Hotline – (800) 722-5725
- KY COVID-19 Website – kycovid19.ky.gov
- To report price gouging – (888) 432-9257
- KY Clinicians – (888) 404-1539
- Day SHOC – (502) 564-5460
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – cdc.gov/coronavirus
- Medicaid enrollment: www.healthbenefitexchange.ky.gov 855-459-6328
- Public Assistance Benefits: www.benefind.ky.gov 855-306-8959
- Apply for unemployment at www.kcc.ky.gov or call 502-875-0442
- Donate blood – redcross.org