Upgrading your HVAC system is a great way to save on heating and cooling expenses. Our program offers LG&E and KU residential electric customers a rebate to help offset the cost of a qualifying central air conditioner or air-source heat pump. The higher the SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating listed on the AHRI certificate, the larger the rebate.
Rebate based on SEER Rating
|Split Systems||Single-Package Systems||Rebate|
Rebates for HVAC systems with a SEER rating greater than 21 also qualify for the program with an additional $100 per SEER unit (or $50 per half unit).
Eligibility and required documentation
- Customer must have applied for a rebate on or before March 31, 2018 and submitted (uploaded or postmarked) completed application documentation by September 1, 2018.
- Split systems must have a SEER rating greater than or equal to 14.5; Geothermal and "mini" split systems are not eligible
- Single-package systems must have a SEER rating greater than or equal to 14
- Product must have been purchased between Nov. 9, 2011 and March 31, 2018.
- Product must be fully installed and operational
- Application must be completed, signed and returned with an original or copy of your receipt and the AHRI certificate obtained by your HVAC installer
- AHRI certificate must list model numbers for the condenser unit and evaporator coil. See an example.
- Receipt must be legible and include:
- Retailer/contractor name, address and phone number
- Itemized listing of product(s), including description(s), manufacturer(s), model number(s) or other identifying information. The receipt information must match the product information from the rebate application
- Purchase price and proof that full payment was made
- Purchase date and date of delivery or installment (if installed by a contractor)
Receiving your check or pre-paid Visa card
Once your application has been approved, your choice of a check or pre-paid Visa card will be mailed in approximately six to eight weeks. Learn how the full rebate process works here.
To check on the status of an existing rebate application, log in to My Account.
LG&E and KU Energy LLC reserves the right to revise program requirements and incentive levels at any time. Incentives are subject to availability.