For us, sustainability is about more than just being green – it includes all the ways we’re empowering the future of energy by incorporating sustainability into our business, from day-to-day operations to planning for the future.
Our sustainability commitments include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
- Offering a variety of renewable energy choices that help customers meet their sustainability goals.
- Recycling leftovers from coal-fired generation that create savings – more than $15 million to date – for customers.
- Engaging customers on how to save energy and money through technology, tips and programs.
- Installing pollinator habitats and using sheep instead of gas-powered lawn equipment to manage vegetation.
- Reducing carbon dioxide emissions 70% from 2010 levels by 2040 – and 80% by 2050 – together with parent company PPL.
- Annually investing nearly $7 million in charitable contributions and 46,000 employee volunteer hours across the communities we serve.
Visit lge-ku.com/sustainability to learn more.