If you’re renovating your business property to meet LEED v4 certification standards, you may be eligible for cash rebates from $2,000 to $10,000. Rebates are based on points awarded under the LEED Energy & Atmosphere – Optimize Energy Performance, Advanced Energy Metering, and Demand Response categories and square footage of the building, per the chart below.
|Energy & Atmosphere - Optimize Energy Efficiency Performance, Advanced Energy Metering, and Demand Response categories||Less than 25,000 sq ft||Greater than or qual to 25,000 sq ft|
|1 to 5 points||$2,000||$4,000|
|6 to 10 points||$2,500||$6,000|
|11 to 15 points||$3,000||$8000|
The eligibility requirements are:
- Commercial customers, who have been paying into the DSM mechanism, are eligible to apply for rebates within 24 months of the date the upgrades were installed.
- Industrial customers who pay into the DSM mechanism are eligible to apply for rebates made on or after January 1, 2019.
- LG&E gas-only customers are not eligible for this program.
Be sure to have your account number and tax ID or social security number handy. Contractors, vendors and energy service companies may apply by phone.
Be sure to have the following information when you contact us about your new construction order:
- “911” address: We need the “911 address” as soon as it has been assigned if you applied with a lot number.
- Street, City and zip code of the property
- County where the property is located
- Will you need temporary service for construction in addition to permanent service?
- Will the electric service be overhead or underground?
- “Amperage”: Residential electric service is typically 200 amp, but it could be more. Ask your electrician to be sure.
- LG&E customers – Will you need gas service as well as electric service?
- Inspection – Has it been completed by the county inspector?
- Provide a cross-street or a directional street (for example, cross-street, subdivision name, nearby address or landmark). This information is especially helpful for rural areas.
- KU customers: Have the electrical contractor’s name and phone number if spot service or a ditch inspection is required. The electrical contractor can also contact KU for these services.
LG&E and KU Energy LLC reserves the right to revise program requirements and incentive levels at any time. Incentives are subject to availability.